Batten down the hatches

allthumbs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob said:

This thread seems like the appropriate place to confess that, yes it's true, RobBob sprays from the right coast (a few of you figgered it out, unless somebody got drunk and spread the word the_finger.gif). In fact I am looking down the snout of this fucker that will come barreling ashore on us in NC tomorrow. frown.gif

Sailboat is storm-anchored, sunroom windows boarded, and the wind is already 25-gusting 35 kts like a nor'easter on the water in front of my home. Family is shipping westward as I hunker down locally so's I can monitor the business interests. As somebody here said, big-weather shit like this has an element of excitement to it. On the other hand, I've got a lot to lose if the shit really hits the fan, and I can see it's unnerving for our little kids.

Okay, I'm bracing for the duffelbag of shit you guys are about to give me for bein' an easterner. Now ya know that since I can only scam trips to the west every-so-often, I'm happy when I can tackle gumby dog-routes. Geek_em8.gif

Robbob- Hope you weather this fine....you should post here when the eye passes over you (if it does) or spray what it is like being in the hurricane....live spray on cc.com.

Hold on tight and good luck....