wa pass debauchery tr (for chuck)

erik

a whole host of friends made their way to wa pass to drink and drink and drink and drink and drink........and we climbed some too!!

fri night. am not allowed to discuss the events due to pending investigations. but it was quite intoxicating!

sat. alpinek, fern and i ascended the nw face of lib bell. in a stylie no herb 4 hour push. route is entertaining with some ho hum pitches and a few nice ones! the upper dihedral pitch is the ONE!

sat night. please see above mentioned reference to fri night. tho it seemed a tad more mellow with only one major injury and six minor ones.

sun. the crew rolled out in fine mountie seige tactics on the kanja temple. enjoying the loose rock, the varied climbing and the odd but luring kaja temple to its fullest. i personally took the day to do some self reflection and some chainsaw action fueled by resin hits and smoke from the forest fire which was/ is threating my friend grizzley's cabin.

you might attempt to milk some eveidence or beta out of one of the few to show......or you might not!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

iain said:

those photos are blurry. I thought I was looking at the zapruder film

iain i think that is alpinfox's artistic rendition of the overall tone of the party, everything is/was blurry!

Yes. Those pictures pretty accurately reflect how I was seeing things at the time....

bigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gif

I could have gotten nice sharp pictures, but GregW threatened to shoot me and Erik threatened to deprive me of hahaha.gif if I used the flash.

For ChucK:

On Sat, Ken4ord, JDog, and I climbed the NW corner on NEWS in four pitches. I led #1 and #4, while JDog led the fun flakes pitch and Ken4ord led the hard off-width pitch (crux). It's a great route!

JDog on NW corner of NEWS:

1826jdognwcornernews2-med.jpg

Sun I climbed SW face of Kanga Temple with AlpineK, Ken4ord, GregW, JDog, and Szyjakowski . Three teams of two. I led pitches #1, 3, and 5. Ken was my partner and led #2 and 4. Besides lots of loose rock and suspect features, there are some cool things like wide cracks and caves:

1826kenkurtkangakave-med.jpg

How is that for Kool!?!?!

Sun night took pictures of the fire creeping over ridge above Mazama (Klipchuck Campground). See my photo gallery for those pics. Planned to climb at the Pass with Ken4ord and Mr. Peru on Monday, but it started raining Sunday night so we went home.

thumbs_up.gif

Great folks and a great weekend!

Alpinfox said:

For ChucK:

On Sat, Ken4ord, JDog, and I climbed the NW corner on NEWS in four pitches. I led #1 and #4, while JDog led the fun flakes pitch and Ken4ord led the hard off-width pitch (crux). It's a great route!

JDog on NW corner of NEWS:

1826jdognwcornernews2-med.jpg

Where on the corner is this?

We did it as three pitches, with the zig-zag flakes as the second pitch. It must be from somewhere on the first pitch? I have absolutely no recollection of it...

Alpinfox said:

P1:scramble up a bit, climb chimney with finger cracks in wall to large ledge. traverse left and climb short corner (where picture is taken) to base of second pitch.

Ah, that makes sense now... We belayed up to the large ledge and walked around it to belay again... we climbed through your belay on our second pitch:

news.jpg