Monkey Face - Labor Day

chelle

Climbed Monkey Face with a few other cc.comers on Monday. It was a great climb and a lot of fun.

One rant...While we were rapping two climbers decided to rap into the notch for the first pitch from the tyrolean traverse anchors. They conned some kids into waiting there at the ledge to help them get their rope free because they were dumb enough to thread their rope directly through the bolt hangers. Then they knocked rocks down onto the ledge where the climb really starts and we were standing. This was not at all appreciated given that you knew we were down below!

If you guys post here you need to get a clue about people around you and get some more skills before climbing outside the gym!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

here here! they were scary. mad.gif i really didn't like rapping down and listening to he one guy yelling at the other how he was barely holding "one big rock in place with my foot"

think about your surroundings! you aren't the only ones out there!

Tex pulled a bolt off there lastfall, pulled the bolt as he was removing his aider

MFace is a great climb. I did pull a bolt on the A0 going to the mouth last year. When I reached down to unclip my aider the bolt just came right out. Someone did a shitty job of bolting those homemade jobs. Monkey Space is good too. I whipped on it last year and ripped my ex-gf into the rock giving her some nice bloody knuckles. Ahhh climbing