Fees required to access our lands.

Crackbolter

You can add Mt Adams to that list. Something like a trail park pass, a volcano pass, camping fee, and climber's permit.

Rainier you can get around all the fees by getting there before the entrance people do and then not register, even if you climb.

REI was selling the annual national park pass for $40 a while back... saves you ten bucks. I think the Mounties did a good job of keeping the annual climbing fee down for MRNP. I could be wrong, but I thought the Gauthier-types wanted to raise it to $60. So long as they double the parking lot and put in a tram to Muir (so that toilet with a folding wheelchair can be put to use), raising the fees ten times over is fine by me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I remember last time I was down there there was a (correct me if I'm wrong) $15 fee to climb either Adams or St Helens in season, or you could buy something called a Volcano Pass for $30 bucks. Add those to the list.

To add confusion to the mix these days, they have now decided that a National Park Pass works instead of the NW Forest Pass if you pay an additional $15 and purchase a special hologram sticker to place on the card. This has all gotten way out of hand. Next I will have to buy a day pass from ticketmaster and pay a convenience charge. cantfocus.gif