Dragontail - Colchuck Glacier/Col route

techboy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Access to Colchuck Lake is now illegal. So is access to Blodgett Canyon in Montana. Construction crews have become so dangerous it is no longer safe to walk around them. They lurk everywhere. The truth of the matter is that these most popular areas in their respective forrests are being spruced up so they can be turned over to private management as "test areas" for Bush's new privatization program. Since they are overwhelmingly popular and will have brand new facilities, the private interests will make a profit and justify turning over the rest of our public lands to private industry. Of course, only huge corporations will be able to manage such dispersed sites and will have to charge exhorbinant fees to break even (so they will charge even more to make a profit). Thank GW (read "stinking fascist) for getting govmnt off our backs.

Applause, applause.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Dude, wait till next year to climb Dragontail-Colchuck when the road to the Colchuck Lake trailhead will be open again (provided the Forest Circus doesn't have too many foremen on the job). Find something different to do. There's plenty out there.

And, yes, you are right. 'Tis a heckuva long way from Snow Lakes Trailhead to Aasgard Pass.

techboy said:

Snow Lakes Trailhead to Dragontail? My Topo tells me it's a 10.6 mile hike in. Is that right?

that sounds a little short...its like 5miles to nada; 5miles form there to viviane...3-4 or so miles to ass pass

and then down to the lake......around 15-16 miles give or take.....cool approach!!! bigdrink.gif

Hrmmm..you are probably right about the distance, I just set stop point west of Tranquil Lake. I guess there's the issue of getting an overnight permit too, since we sure as hell aren't going to do it in one day. I guess I'll wait til next year...those pictures make it so enticing tho!