chumpman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairweather said:

I don't know about any "goat roping", but there is a beautiful cow named Nellie in the field behind the Ford dealership that has the "AK" brand on its ass and an old step stool nearby. the_finger.gif

F, I've told you a thousand times quit stealing my branding iron

Ditto for what Fairweather says: Mt. Peak (also called by some, Mt. Pete) is a great training hill. Dwayner runs it frequently and his buddy pope is up there several times a week. The main trail on the northside is steep but runnable (about 1.2 miles?) to the top. Lot's of folks carry heavy packs up for training. Some carry forty pounds of water and hit it hard with ski poles to the top and then empty the water out on top so they don't trash their knees on the downhill.

There are other steep trails, one even going basically vertically up the side, plus a long private road on the south side. A loop around the base is six miles and it's possible to do a Mt. Pete half-marathon by combining a circumnavigation of the base with two ascents of the peak by different routes. That place rules!

- Dwayner

If you get bored with Mt. Peak try Baldy Hill. The parking lot is the big parking lot across from the Weyerhaeuser Cascade Operations logging mill. In addition, you could mountain bike on the Weyerhaueser property up to Radio Hill or Boise Ridge. Rainier Timber Company which has property east of Buckley and south of the White River will not allow you on their property--you can't even walk on it.