Team Gander Mtn's next Expedition

Bronco

Olympus Mons is the largest volcano on Mars. This shield volcano, similar to volcanoes in Hawaii, measures 624 km (374 mi) in diameter by 25 km (16 mi) high. It is 100 times larger than Mauna Loa on Earth. Located on the Tharsis Plateau near the equator, Olympus Mons is bordered by an escarpment. The caldera in the center is 80 km (50 mi) wide and contains multiple circular, overlapping collapse craters created by different volcanic events. The radial features on the slopes of the volcano were formed by overflowing lava and debris.

We will be attempting to summit with no supplemental oxygen, free climbing the "escarpment" and making the decent on snowboards. Arrangements have been made with the locals for portering services.

mad.gif" border="0 HERE IS THE STUPID LINK TO THE IMAGE IF YOU REALLY CARE !!!!!

http://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/planets/welcome/mars.htm

I HATE COMPUTERS AND ALL THOSE WHO ARE PROFICIENT [geek] WITH THEM!!!!! mad.gif" border="0

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Bronco ]

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Bronco ]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have long-suspected who z is...and now this thread confirmed my suspicions. I now hate z as much as I hate his boyfriend, Panther. Team Gander Mountain is temporarily out of the expedition business. TGM is now in the big-game hunting business. The first trophy head to grace the TGM Fortress of Freedom hall will be the head of Panther.

Yeah, the TGM R&D dept has had a few set-backs...something about white trash gear doesnt belong on expeditions...and I thought the whole while I was crafting quality components...

What does litigation mean??? We've gotten some recent correspondence about our new motto for out big game hunting line - "Reach out and touch someone...One shot, one kill"