WARNING..Nevermind..North Bend

LUCKY

Recently a small snag fell from the top of nevermind wall ,it certainly would have took out anyone climbing on the center of the wall, I have been above nevermind wall and there is dangerous debris hanging , so as in most crags I would suggest staying out of the drop ZONE either stay close to the wall or back from the wall.

Climbing is dangerous,Stack the odds

LUCKY

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

And who's gonna do something about it?

I would suggest you get your ass out there and clean it up. tongue.gif Or are you waiting for the crag maintenance crew to show up??? wink.gif

boxing_smiley.gif

They will be there on or around August 14th, I called the chossbusters and that was the soonest they could get out with all the other projects they had. They said that right now some issues up the Icicle, Tieton and at Vantage were taking precedence. I hope this helps!

snoboy said:

And who's gonna do something about it?

I would suggest you get your ass out there and clean it up. tongue.gif Or are you waiting for the crag maintenance crew to show up??? wink.gif

boxing_smiley.gif

I suggest you shut your trap and lend a hand! boxing_smiley.gif

I plan on going up after climbing season and doing clean up. Now would not be a good time , it would make some of the small debris unstable for the rest of the season.

So STFU and lead a hand or just STFU

When it's hot North Bend ROCKS rockband.gif

gone_alpine said:

i was just wondering about that choss pile myself. i was up running that nasty area and DUDE! shocked.gif that's no little chunkage. there is a whole new bouldering area. (kinda)

was anyone there when it happened?

Yes there where five people climbing including myself .Two guys had just got off a route in the center of the wall and would have surely got taken out. My partner and I where close to the wall and watched the snag land three feet in front of us.

Thanks to good Ju Ju no one was hurt.

All crags have a drop ZONE don't linger in the ZONE stack the odds, helmets can do only so much, and are not nearly as safe as good judgement.