Mt Daniel beta?

Coopah

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys thanks for all the info. JoshK, I have read that there is a way to traverse onto the glacier by hiking a short ways up the ridge then dropping down onto the Lynch Glacier. I have some friends doing the same route the 19/20 so I will get the latest from them. bigdrink.gif

With two good friends down with serious, mountaineering related injuries in the last two weeks, the easy SE ridge provided a good hike for a buddy and I on Saturday. The Lynch is starting to open up, but the route still looks straight forward.

Watch for the crazies up there. Came across a rope team of four as we were following the TRAIL through the CHOSS back to the pass just south of the east peak. I kid you not, they were roped up with crampons and axes traversing those shitty scree slopes! WTF!?! One guy kept stepping on the rope while trying balance on boulders with his crampons! We didn't laugh, but I had to turn my back as we let them pass to keep from commenting.