Snow-free hike for invalid

fleblebleb

I sprained my ankle a little bit, fell off a slackline, need to take it easy for a few days... so I'm going hiking with some friends that don't do that very much, and don't have hiking boots. Any suggestions for snow-free trails in the N. Cascades this weekend?

I'm thinking about the Hidden Lake Peak hike, maybe Green Mountain, the Maple Pass Loop up near Black Peak, Spray Park perhaps, or just good old Cascade Pass and Sahale Arm. Boston Basin maybe?

Please respond and tell me where the snow starts...

Or, if you immediately think of a cool hike that is also the beginning of an approach to some cool climbing, with a good snow-free trail, then that would be cool to know.

What's the approach to Snowking like? Never been there. Good snow-free trail with views?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stebbi, I was up near black peak a couple of weekends ago. the trail up to heather pass (the pass leading to lewis and wing lakes) was almost entirely snow free. It's a very pleasent hike of probably less than 3 miles. from there to black peak itself is snow, but even from the pass, you get great views of black peak.