• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

MisterE said:

Billygoat said:

Nice, I've always liked that area. Heard the Granite is good.

Bob says there is some good bouldering around Chilliwack. Dru?

Bob? JR-BOB-DOBBS.jpg

yellaf.gif Hardly. Guess that means it's good enough that you're not sharing - nice dodge. grin.gif

I think the "granite in that area" comment referred to Chianti Spire not Chilliwack. confused.gif

Hope is where its at for granite bouldering. There are dozens of boulderfields with hundreds of climbed and thousands of unclimbed problems! Chilliwack has LIMESTONE bouldering. Not much though. Only about 20 developed problems, 1 area, in the V2-V5 range. Not much room for more at that area. More areas are coming slowly.

The developed Chilliwack limestone crag is near Airplane Creek mouth. There are 4 routes so far, one 20m, the others ~50m. Grades are in the 11-12 range. Nice rock. Topos in the latest edition (Jan 2003) of the Mike Crapo guide. You can buy a copy at Valhalla Pure Abbotsford, on your way up from Bellingham - it's right at Sumas by the highway.

Fence_Sitter said:

Billygoat said:

It was, three weeks ago. That's it, back to winter. Now get back in your SUV and puff some more CO2 out...

wouldn't that be predominantly CO in exhaust... just bein a nitpicky ass hole... at your service... the_finger.gif

Take a basic chemistry class dipshit. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifwazzup.gifwazzup.gifwazzup.gif