Mmmm Yummy!

snoboy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During crowd scenes in British movies

The extras are instructed to say "Rhubarb, rhubarb" in order to create a rumbling buzz of background conversation.

yellaf.gif

Rhubarb leaves contain enough Oxalic Acid that they are lethally poisonous. Do not eat.

Dru said:

During crowd scenes in British movies

The extras are instructed to say "Rhubarb, rhubarb" in order to create a rumbling buzz of background conversation.

yellaf.gif

Rhubarb leaves contain enough Oxalic Acid that they are lethally poisonous. Do not eat.

In American theatre/cinema, extras say "walla walla".

Moose can eat rhubarb leaves.

Too funny...sharing recipies on cc.climbers yelrotflmao.gif

Here it goes...

Rhubarb Custard Pie

2 1/2 c. rhubarb, cut in 1 inch lengths

2 eggs, beaten

2 T butter

1 T sugar

1 1/2 c sugar

1/4 c flour

2tsp lemon juice

Pie crust (for double crust)

Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour, eggs, and lemon juice. Put on bottom crust in pie pan. Dot with butter. COver with top crust. Cut slits for steam vents. Sprinkle top crust with 1 T sugar. Bake 450 for 10 mn. Reduce heat and bake 350 for 30 min.

Im not much of an exact 'measurer' when I cook. So for the strawberies, I just reduced the rhubarb a tad and added what strawberries I had in the fridge.

I was lazy and just bought frz crust instead of making it.

Try it again, Kiwi.

Rhubarb is a source of vitamin C. I read about an expedition on Ellesmere Island that was suffering from scurvy. There was wild rhubarb growing right next to their camp and they had no idea it could have saved several lives.

We've had a patch of rhubarb growing in our back yard ever since bought the house 13 years ago and we make strawberry rhubarb pie at least once every year. The tart taste of the stems comes from the oxalic acid. Apparently there is not enough in the stems to hurt you.

For those interested oxalic acid, aside from its corrosive effects causes death by chelating calcium from the blood.

A case of suicide by oxalic acid.