F'ing Billboards

catbirdseat

Is this F'd up or what? I come to work this morning and I can't get into the parking lot because there is a huge auger machine there. They are putting in a huge new billboard for Ackerley Communications or whatever. The landlord didn't say anything until yesterday and none of us were notified. To add insult to injury, they bored through our water line. The copper pipe wrapped around the bit and pulled the line out of the ground for several feet in both directions. They will have to dig a trench in the parking lot to make the repair. We will be without water indefinitely. Don't you think that a metal detector would have been used by a competent contractor?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

catbirdseat said:

Don't you think that a metal detector would have been used by a competent contractor?

Typically when you dig you call Locate. They will mark where all the utility lines are, but there is an error factor...+ or - a couple '. The contractor could have fucked up or he could have been digging based on the information he had and the design requirements and had an accident.

Things can get messy when you actually do something for a living vs paper shuffling. wave.gif

trask said:

kitten said:

trask said:

Kitten, do I detect a hint of hostility this morning?

Yes, I believe my claws have grown back. shocked.gif

Watch out Darling! wave.gif

Ya see, this is exactly one of the reasons I can't take love seriously. Those damn claws.

...but your goats don't have claws. confused.gif

minx said:

trask said:

kitten said:

trask said:

Kitten, do I detect a hint of hostility this morning?

Yes, I believe my claws have grown back. shocked.gif

Watch out Darling! wave.gif

Ya see, this is exactly one of the reasons I can't take love seriously. Those damn claws.

...but your goats don't have claws. confused.gif

maybe not, but my back still has the scars from your fingernails.

AlpineK said:

catbirdseat said:

Don't you think that a metal detector would have been used by a competent contractor?

Typically when you dig you call Locate. They will mark where all the utility lines are, but there is an error factor...+ or - a couple '. The contractor could have fucked up or he could have been digging based on the information he had and the design requirements and had an accident.

Things can get messy when you actually do something for a living vs paper shuffling. wave.gif

Indeed. My dad was once sued when a subcontractor jackhammered into a high voltage line and fried himself. He sued the contractor, the architect and anyone else he could point a finger at. Too bad he didn't look at the plans before he started hammering.