Portland Rock Gym...sucking at last

willstrickland

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion:

Sack up! Gary is a great guy, PRG is the 2nd climbing gym in the nation. They deserve our support. Help out and make it better instead of pissing to a bunch of strangers on an online site.

Hey, if you don't like it go to sports nation and pay $110 for 8 (thats eight dude) entries, fine by me.

Gary deserves our support.

PERIOD.

YA WHINNERS.

scratchandsniff said:Gary deserves our support.

He can have my support. He has to earn my money. And $67 a month for the winter is to rich for my blood, and is somewhat unique to PRG. I've been to a number of other gyms around the country that offered discounted 6 month memberships.

This one is easy. Anyone who has been to other gyms knows, anyone who has only climbed at PRG has some weird, difficult-to-justify loyalty. Before the new PRG opened, a friend told me that rock gyms are like airports: newer is always better. My reply was that if the new PRG was close to the 8?-year old Club Sports, I would be pysched! Is it? Awful color and the extremely thin texture, tons of blank wall space, a very cramped and low bouldering area, tight policies, cold 'tude, etc. If it is all you have - enjoy, but understand that you were/and still are paying a lot for a second rate/over-priced rock gym. In close-in PDX, it's all we have, so hard to complain. Any other big city, and we aint too lucky.