Burnt Finger Bar-B-Q Co.

MtnHigh

Stopped in Mazama this weekend and discovered a gem, The Burnt Finger Bar-B-Q Co. The chef and propriator was tending the home made barbaque cooker, a 5' x 2' upright drum with a door cut in it's side.

Vegans need not bother, this place is to enjoy meat. On the menu are beef ribs, pork spare ribs, baby-back ribs, BBQ chicken, baked bean and chili. And this ain't horsecock I'm taking about. There was a pan of home made apple crisp cooling on a window.

Great food, great service in a rustic country setting.

thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian and I had big plans that materialized into smaller plans. Funny how iffy weather does that. Ended up climbing the S Arete on the S Early Winter Spire and sport climbing for a day in Mazama.

The mountians were not a safe place this weekend. Shit was sliding off everywhere.

MtnHigh said:

Christian and I had big plans that materialized into smaller plans. Funny how iffy weather does that. Ended up climbing the S Arete on the S Early Winter Spire and sport climbing for a day in Mazama.

The mountians were not a safe place this weekend. Shit was sliding off everywhere.

TG and I watched slides all over the cirque we were climbing in. Our tracks to the approach of our climb were later obliterated by a huge slide. Sobering shit.

Long ways to drive. Did you do that multi-pitch sport route in mazama?

MtnHigh said:

The Burnt Finger does rock. Lat year the proprietor was bitten on the finger by a huge rattler, so the locals were calling it the "Bit Finger." Defintely a hard place to be a vegitarian at...

Did the SW Coulior on SEWS still look climable? I meant to go check it out, but got ended up hiking and cragging at Fun Rock with the fiancee.