Fuck Hollywood

allthumbs

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scot, Irish and English on my side. Actually my parents were Dems., but more toward the center than the left. My mom now votes conservative after seeing how Clinton and the peanut farmer fucked things up.

I have to admit I'll miss your spray while you're in Leavenworth Federal Pen. but maybe they'll let you use your laptop there. Say hello to TyRee.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

You're funny, Trask. What part of the Nation of Easily Brainwashed Nationalist Dupes did your relatives come from, pray tell?

No doubt this is someone with a very long criminal record. All anti authority types have the same background. Would not be surprised if he is running the Cascade militia. pitty.gif

n98947 said:

No doubt this is someone with a very long criminal record. All anti authority types have the same background. Would not be surprised if he is running the Cascade militia. pitty.gif

The same background, eh? You must mean literate free-thinkers with a severe distaste for misinformation and non-thinking pop culture conformity, right?

And running a militia? Running around the house naked with a beer in one hand and a Howard Zinn book in the other is more like it.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

The same background, eh? You must mean literate free-thinkers with a severe distaste for misinformation and non-thinking pop culture conformity, right?

And running a militia? Running around the house naked with a beer in one hand and a Howard Zinn book in the other is more like it.

Ah, drunk unemployed english major. More than likely as a result of the fall of the Soviet Union. I am getting a clearer picture now. Thanks. cool.gif

n98947 said:I for one sleep better every night knowing that Saddam is dead or hiding in some hole. That threat has been neutralized.

Worry wart. I suppose you also wear a mask to avoid SARS, always use a paper toilet seat cover, and are sure to avoid sidewalk cracks out of concern for your dear old mother.

Flash, you're gonna someday spout off with your anarchy shit to the wrong redneck and he's gonna rearrange your face. Probably at the next peace rally in Washington State. I'd love to be there to watch and cheer my redneck hero on.

I'll bet you sit down to piss, doncha? bwahahaha

trask said:

Flash, you're gonna someday spout off with your anarchy shit to the wrong redneck and he's gonna rearrange your face. Probably at the next peace rally in Washington State. I'd love to be there to watch and cheer my redneck hero on.

Who's talking about anarchy? The dream of honest politicians and a state that cares more about people being able to eat and have a place to live than about making big business bigger, maybe, but this Doctor is no anarchist. Just another shameless bleeding heart idealist! And DFA learned to stop trying to reason with the Unthinking Redneck long ago. Better to just slash their tires and introduce their fuel injectors to a little Karo brand performance enhancing fluid.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

trask said:

I'll bet you sit down to piss, doncha? bwahahaha

Only on the Whitehouse lawn. If you take the time to moon them AND take a leak, security will be on you lickety split. Really, multitasking is the only way to go.

I figured as much. fruit.gif I'm bored with arguing with you now, cockbiter. Eat shit and die. trask out.

mattp said:

Liberals may rightfully be accused of being smug, or they may be out of touch with reality, or you could probably think of some other valid criticisms of the "liberal hypocrites" that won't let Fairweather boycott the Dixie Chicks, but name-calling, screaming, and torching things are not really "liberal" trademarks.

Seems to me that those on the radical left are the very ones name calling (ie:"baby killer","shrub" "bush is a terrorist", etc), screaming (ie: blocking roads, throwing bottles at cops) and torching things (ie: ski resorts in CO, SUV's in car lots, research labs at UW and elsewhere, "Street of dreams" homes.)

Do you really stand by that one Matt?

Fairweather said:

Seems to me that those on the radical left are the very ones name calling (ie:"baby killer","shrub" "bush is a terrorist", etc), screaming (ie: blocking roads, throwing bottles at cops) and torching things (ie: ski resorts in CO, SUV's in car lots, research labs at UW and elsewhere, "Street of dreams" homes.)

Do you really stand by that one Matt?

Yes, I do. Those that burn ski resorts, research labs, or expensive homes or even those who throw bottles at cops, are not liberals - they are radicals. And you know what? By far most of the violent radicals we have seen in this country in the past twenty years have been from the far right, not the far left. Do you remember reading anything about Oklahoma City bombing, the Militia Movement, or the NeoNazi's? How about the bombings and killings of abortion providers?

As to name calling, don't you think the names called Bill Clinton and his darling wife are at least equal to those called GW Bush and his? Again, I refer to the book "Blinded by the Right." It is a muckraking book all about the smear tactics of the right and although it is not the best read in the world, the author notes in the preface to the second edition that not a single rightist propagandist mentioned in the book has come out and said that anything he wrote about them is untrue.

Now. Are you going to tell us who it is that won't let you boycott those Dixie Chicks?

Yes, the inverse is true that not all conservatives are reactionaries.

One thing I have noticed is that when conservatives use the term liberal they more often preceded it with epithets such as "bleeding-heart" and worse. Liberals are way behind when it comes to put-downs. The goal of many a conservative has been to win by making his opponent the liberal ashamed of his own name. It has been very effective over the years.

The word has been distorted. It was once widely understood to mean "broad-minded" or "open-minded". The connotation was one of being able to see two sides to every issue, even that of the opponent. The liberal's propensity to accept change comes not from the desire for change for change's sake, but rather from the ability to listen to arguments in favor of change dispassionately, and to accept or reject those arguments based on logic and reason.