twintips?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't ski backwards so they are not very useful. i find they get in the way if you are trying to skate/duckwalk even a short distance. I have the fischer big stix and i dig the skis but the walk is annoying

Also i have followed people with the Salomon twin tip, i forget what they are called but they are fat and blue, and if you are skiing light powder they kick up a ridiculous powder cloud. but if your skiing them who cares.

if you actually want to ride backwards i can't help you out.

pocket rocket, despite how good of a ski it may or may not be, became the ultimate wanker ski this year. Seriously, every fucking blue run REI shopping jackass on the hill was riding pocket rockets this year. 99 out of 100 of them probably didn't even know what a twin tip ski was.

Oh yeah, twin tip skis are fucking gay.

well well JoshK, aren't we just the big man on the hill? let me remind you all that jibbing is not a crime, and is a highly respected sport/past time.

jibbers like mosely, jt, mcconkey ski way harder than you ever will Josh.

don't hate on the pocket rocketers. many of those folks are just getting into the park/freestyle scene, in fact i reccomend that ski to most of my new students. we're all just out to have fun you know.

Don't take everything so seriously, ExtremeoMountainCharacter.

Anyway, I've seen plenty of people riding pocket rockets, not one of them even trying freestyle. It's a poser ski for most everybody who skis it. Twintips are a fad for 99% of the people who have them.

Why would you expect a pocket rocket owner to be in the park? It's not a park ski. 1080's maybe but the pocket rocket is a kick ass fat ski, I bet it would suck ass in the park. Just about everything has a turned up tail these days, even my Bandits XX, XXX and Volkl G4's are "twin tip" not as much as the Pocket Rocket though.

i've ridden the salomon pocket rocket and i was not impressed. if someone gave me a pair for free i would sell them and get a "real" ski. for fats, i could ride harder and do more freestyle stuff with the non-twin dynastar inspired.

but back to the original question, the salomon 1080 is an awesome ski - for in and out of the park. comparable to that is the rossignol scratch fs. get some ... and jib it up, dude!!!

Twin tips are cool because;

They spew massive rooster tails

They look like snowboards

They turn like a shorter ski, but float like a longer one.

They suck because:

Noone lands backwards on them.

You need a good tail hook system to keep your skins on (clip-fix sux)

You can't stick them in the snowbank outside the hut.

And the pocket-rocket is a piece of poo, most fat skis today (twin tip or otherwise) perform better, and last longer than the pocket-rocket... hence the name, eh?

E-rock said:And the pocket-rocket is a piece of poo, most fat skis today (twin tip or otherwise) perform better, and last longer than the pocket-rocket... hence the name, eh?

Don't most skis last longer than any Salomon ski?

Josh"I'ma a super hardman" K - Twin tips are a fad. Short skis are a fad. Long skis were a fad (80's). Short skis were a fad before that (70's). WTF is your point?

cj001f said:

E-rock said:And the pocket-rocket is a piece of poo, most fat skis today (twin tip or otherwise) perform better, and last longer than the pocket-rocket... hence the name, eh?

Don't most skis last longer than any Salomon ski?

Josh"I'ma a super hardman" K - Twin tips are a fad. Short skis are a fad. Long skis were a fad (80's). Short skis were a fad before that (70's). WTF is your point?

My point was that they were a fad, just like you said. wazzup.gif Apparently I wasn't clear enough or something.

iain said:

throw down for some seth pistols brah, treat you right huckin jibbin or STR8LINING

my friend said the seth pistols are good for the park but a little soft for rippin' the backcountry. i wouldn't really know ... because they don't make the fuckers short enough for me to ride!

cj001f said:

JoshK said:Apparently I wasn't clear enough or something.

I was just pointing out that all ski lengths and shapes have been fads rolleyes.gif

Most changes have been changes that actually increase performance...parabolic shaping, larger sidecuts, shorter skis, fatter skis, etc. You can't say this about twin tips.