Leavenworth TR

Peter_Puget

With the frustrations of city life getting me down I got back to basics last Saturday in Leavenworth. Inspired by the fine pictures of Distel posted last week I went cordless for a day of pure climbing fun. Armed with the Bouldering Guide to Leavenworth I became a “Pad Person.” I haven’t gone on a specifically bouldering trip for over 20 years and as we drove into the Icicle I was wishing that we brought along a rope. Cars and people were everywhere and I was certain I was going to be bummed out at the crowds.

The approach to the boulders was quick, easy ,and light as we carried nothing but shoes, chalk and pads. The guide was easy to read and despite not being comprehensive showed the major lines. We were amazed that we were all alone surrounded by a beautiful forest and boulders when less than five minutes away people were everywhere. We soon heard the voices and I was preparing myself for the attack of the rude teenagers. As it turned out the “teenagers” where low key, super friendly and we ended up working on problems together - even sharing pads. Although these guys could outclimb me in their tennies they weren’t obsessed with high numbers and were encouraging this middleaged fart to send that V3! I soon realized that I had ended up spending the entire day at these boulders and was more psyched about climbing than in years. As we drove home I was wishing that I could spend the night and climb Sunday as well.

Things I learned:

1 The Bouldering Guide to Leavenworth rockband.gif

2 Pad People rockband.gif

3 Leavenworth Bouldering rockband.gif

4 I suck at Bouldering confused.gif

PP

bigdrink.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Hard to imagine that teenagers who are into the latest climbing fad could actually be nice people. Next thing you know, sport climbers are going to turn out to be self-absorbed egotistical pocket-chipping media-whore spray-hounds!

right from the horses mouth people!

i went up the canyon from leavanworth to boulder a while ago. walked a few minutes to a group of boulders and found: one bong surrounded by 4 pads and no one in sight. that temptation shit is fucked up. the druggie klepto in my was quivering. lucky for the owners of that shit, they showed up and put the bong in the supsicious looking paper sack.

lummox said:

i went up the canyon from leavanworth to boulder a while ago. walked a few minutes to a group of boulders and found: one bong surrounded by 4 pads and no one in sight. that temptation shit is fucked up. the druggie klepto in my was quivering. lucky for the owners of that shit, they showed up and put the bong in the supsicious looking paper sack.

NEXT TIME just take that trash Home...

Fuking TribaFarians:

Don't leave your stuff/pads/bongs/firepits/firerings/woodpiles/tarps/TICKMARKS in the woods or Rat and capster will have issues... and i reccomend not pissin them off... Just ask Erik about his plastic surgery! bigdrink.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Hard to imagine that teenagers who are into the latest climbing fad could actually be nice people. Next thing you know, sport climbers are going to turn out not to be self-absorbed egotistical pocket-chipping media-whore spray-hounds!

... nahhh!

that's gonna happen rolleyes.gif

wink.gif