Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TimL said:

Checked out the North Face and Dolimite Tower last weekend from the lake. That suff looks really awesome. can't waite till it dries out. those walls are big and the approaches look hard.

Looks bushy on the way in. I'd help ferry a rack and gear in there for your attempt. I'm thinking no pushover for sure. cheeburga_ron.gif

Matt_Anderson climbed Burdo's big project a few years ago. When we climbed the North Face of Baring a few years ago there hadn't been any ascents logged in the register for several years.

Does anyone know whether the right side variation of the North Face has been repeated?

Bronco said:

Isn't Mt. Baring in the N. Cascades? rolleyes.gif

How did those north facing gullies up the South Peak look? Any snow/Ice left?

Ice was crashing down from all over the place. Snow was steamrolling and over 4 feet deep for sure once on the north sides. I was unable to determine how deep the snow was. It's not an issue on the South slopes. Doesnt look like that great of a spot for ice climbing there unless I missed something...

The trail leading up to the NW is classic Cascades approach. I'd certainly take that route again and not the South Route. South looked more boring.

Barclay Lake road hike was cool too. Saw thunderous snow and ice avalanches coming down from between Dolomite Tower and Baring Proper. Took some slides for this winter to look at.

I'm gonna do that hike on a clear winter day to take some photos some time.