D'n'B tUeSdAyS aT tHe BaLtIc RoOm

thelawgoddess

If you're from any of the former USSR countries, you head to the South of Russia or Georgia or the Ukraine or Finland for vacation.

If you're from Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania or Czech you head to one of the other countries on that list cos the costs are comparable. If you're loaded, you head to Deutchland maybe or you go to Ibiza to take in the the techno club scene.

If you're from any of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway) you head anywhere in the world but most likely IBIZA or the aforementioned standard med island spots.

If you're from the UK you head to the party spots in the Med.

If you're from France, depending on where you're from, you'll head to either Deauville, Honfleur, anywhere on the Normandy or Brittany coast, or down Soouth.

That's it. I know it all cos I'm Euro and woe betide anybody that deviates from my master summer migratory plans. the_finger.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fence_Sitter said:

sorry as a student i didn't have the $$$ to live in London in a high rise suite... when you were 17 and living alone...where did you live ass wipe?... the_finger.gif

I worked "asswipe" and had a flat downtown with my other student amigos. You know, that thing where you go earn money in exchange for some menial and often demeaning tasks like selling newspapers, hardware, burgers, womens shoes, and luncheon meat HCL.gif

JGowans said:

No shame in lovin' techno: trance is cool. d&B gets a bit boring after a while. ... I agree that some trance can be cheesy but there's no better music for working out to or getting psyched up before a game, except maybe Ramstein!!!

there is cheese to be found in every genre of music. if you're getting bored with d'n'b that's either your fault for listening to boring stuff ... or else maybe it's just not *your* thing. good d'n'b will always get me more worked up than trance.

btw, RAMMSTEIN f***ing rocks.

the headliner for may 20th is APHRODITE -- considered by many to be the founder of "jump up" ...

The Junglist Hop of Aphrodite, by Alex Pappademas, DECEMBER 7, 1999: White British jungle brother Aphrodite rocks a ponytail and looks like a mountain climber who plays the electric guitar; and close examination of his solo debut's inside sleeve discloses (a) photo collages of happy Caucasian ravers throwing peace signs in the air and (b) the fact that his name's actually "Gavin." This muthafucka wants to get his mitts on our hip-hop? Yeah, and -- national pride aside -- we'd be gloryhallastoopid not to let him, because Gav's hip-hop-fixated drum 'n' bass doesn't stretch envelopes, it straight-up bombs the mailbox. In brief: Aphrodite is the (possibly self-crowned) kingpin of a jungle/rap crossbreed called "jump-up," a dorky genre tag that nonetheless captures both his music's animation and (even when the burnt-rubber beats bark, "Stay the fuck back") its eagerness to storm your pleasure center.

thelawgoddess said:

the headliner for may 20th is APHRODITE -- considered by many to be the founder of "jump up" ...

The Junglist Hop of Aphrodite, by Alex Pappademas, DECEMBER 7, 1999: White British jungle brother Aphrodite rocks a ponytail and looks like a mountain climber who plays the electric guitar; and close examination of his solo debut's inside sleeve discloses (a) photo collages of happy Caucasian ravers throwing peace signs in the air and (b) the fact that his name's actually "Gavin." This muthafucka wants to get his mitts on our hip-hop? Yeah, and -- national pride aside -- we'd be gloryhallastoopid not to let him, because Gav's hip-hop-fixated drum 'n' bass doesn't stretch envelopes, it straight-up bombs the mailbox. In brief: Aphrodite is the (possibly self-crowned) kingpin of a jungle/rap crossbreed called "jump-up," a dorky genre tag that nonetheless captures both his music's animation and (even when the burnt-rubber beats bark, "Stay the fuck back") its eagerness to storm your pleasure center.

i would go so i could laugh my ass off and...andif jungle didnt suck worse then dumb & bass.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

No one ever started up a venue-sized circle pit at a drum 'n' bass show

well, maybe not ... but the last 360bpm jungle party i was at had a mosh pit. i'm not trying to convert any of you. i don't need haters in my crowd. i'm just posting some info in case anybody is actually interested. and i don't give a fuck if you aren't!

thelawgoddess said:

well, maybe not ... but the last 360bpm jungle party i was at had a mosh pit. i'm not trying to convert any of you. i don't need haters in my crowd. i'm just posting some info in case anybody is actually interested. and i don't give a fuck if you aren't!

You know, it really takes all the fun out of baiting someone when they don't take the bait.

Thanks alot. mad.gifcry.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

No one ever started up a venue-sized circle pit at a drum 'n' bass show, and no one stage dives on ecstasy.

Need more be said?

yellowsleep.gif

Actually yes, more does indeed need to be said....Why stage dive when you can get your rocks off and shag like Reckless Rabbits (sp. mistake intentional since it's a rip-off of a handy little love-making toy)?

Give me ecstasy-induced shagging over diving in a mosh pit with a bunch of sweaty, smelly, hemp-wearing, closet-Doors-adoring, living-with-their-mums-at-30-something, weekend-wannabe-alternative-and-sensitive-yet-raw-hardmen-gay-pogo-sticks.

wave.gif

JGowans said:

Give me ecstasy-induced shagging over diving in a mosh pit with a bunch of sweaty, smelly, hemp-wearing, closet-Doors-adoring, living-with-their-mums-at-30-something, weekend-wannabe-alternative-and-sensitive-yet-raw-hardmen-gay-pogo-sticks.

wave.gif

yellaf.gif

But what about the priceless expressions on all the barricade-hugging teenyboppers when they see you flying off the stage right at them and they've got nowhere to move?

rockband.gif

evils3d.gifboxing_smiley.gifyelrotflmao.gif

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

fruit.giffruit.gif