Portland Pub Club this Tuesday?

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed you guys--didn't have a chance to read the board before heading out. Anyone been up on the mountains? I tried doing some backcountry skiing last weekend in Heather Canyon with my partner but the powder was deep, unstable and avis going off all over the place. We pussed out.

Rob

Sorry you missed out, the beer was goin down smooth. Termial G, Texplorer, Anne, Wes, Dave, and myself rallied our collective intellect to determine the following:

1. We should all be climbing ice in China and Mexico with mitts containing picks...no more ice tools

2. Terminal's Barley Wine will put hair on your chest...and then knock you on your ass

3. Tex is a punk because he's leaving on a roadtrip and we're stuck here

4. You should only run in crampons on the Telepherique stairs if you're naked and intend to do backflips off the top of Mount Blanc

5. A hip belay really hurts when catching a 40 footer.

I guess you could call it the first official meeting of Portland Pub Club, everything went well. Texplorer, Terminal Gravity, Willstrickland, Anne, Dave and myself had a great time. Conversation ran the full gamit from guides and guide services, Aconcagua to Red Rocks, Ice tools, sandstone, basalt, you name it and of course good beer.

God's speed and safe travels to you Texplorer on your upcoming roadtrip. TG hope you make it back to Enterprise safe as well. Let us know how things are forming.

Best Wishes,

Wes