Changing Strategy

Necronomicon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Necronomicon said:

From "Kicking Ass" to "Ass Kicking". Expect a chem/bio artillery barage within seven days. How long can a GI fight in a "germ suit"? Martyrs make the worst "enemy combatants".

thumbs_up.gif Well Necro, I guess this country will lose the war then. That should make you happy and you can then live with your terrorist brothers. You're right - we're doomed. It was fun while it lasted. Viva Saddam bigdrink.gif

I can speak from experience here .. the US Armed forces have been trained very very well to defend against chemical attacks. The M1 Abrahams, for example, is completely contained and has a filter system which prevents chemical agents from entering the A/C system. In addition, coalition forces are outfitted with full charcoal suits, rubber gloves, rubber overboots, and cutting edge gas masks (which work very well -- it sure prevents CS tear gas from penetrating). In addition to this they are given atropine injections to counteract the effects of a chemical attack (although if you have to use atropine, you're in pretty bad shape).

We will conquer. We are the US, the world's superpower. We have the finest military, and the finest men running the show (General Franks, Donald Rumsfeld, President Geroge W. Bush, etc). Remember folks, if it comes down to it, we still have nukes. evils3d.gif

Necronomicon said:

The question is: How long can a GI fight in a "germ suit" before it becomes ineffective? Hours? Days?

As long as it takes. I personally have stayed in MOPP 4 for 1 day in basic training, but the procedure is to decontaminate once you get to a safer area. I would suppose that the tankers and scouts (sealed and contanied within the M1 Abrahams and Bradley Fighting Vehicles) would press on while the rest of the ground troops retreated to the rear to be decontaminated.

Necronomicon said:

The question is: How long can a GI fight in a "germ suit" before it becomes ineffective? Hours? Days?

I'm sure the suits all leak and the soldier will die an ugly and immediate death. Then your Iraqi hero's can drag their dead bodies through the streets and denounce Bush for the anti-environmental monster he is.

trask said:

Necronomicon said:

I'm sure the suits all leak and the soldier will die an ugly and immediate death. Then your Iraqi hero's can drag their dead bodies through the streets and denounce Bush for the anti-environmental monster he is.

Man, that will be sweet! How many times will I have to hit my space bar to get a power-up for my embed?

Necronomicon said:

necro

even though i am apprently a liberal hippy scum bag and have no "factual" previous combat experience. i found a source i could cite, that answers your question.

read here

those guys faking surrender and opening fire and hanging out in hospitals and stuff are pretty damn low. but the US calling it crimes of war? what do they want them to do, line up with muskets and drum like the english back in the day?

Necronomicon said:

trask said:

Goddamn inept planning if you ask me. Where'd we get our Generals...outta a Cracker Jack box?

Bush canned the idea of a Vietnam vet as Joint Chief Chairman, now we have General "Air Power" Meyers.

what a shitty decision. that fucker is a west point pussy.

freeclimb9 said:

trask said:

Goddamn inept planning if you ask me. Where'd we get our Generals...outta a Cracker Jack box?

I read a reference to military analysis by Katie Couric and Matt Lauer. I had no idea that newscasters were so well trained.

I try to look up Katie's skirt most of the time.

iain said:

those guys faking surrender and opening fire and hanging out in hospitals and stuff are pretty damn low. but the US calling it crimes of war? what do they want them to do, line up with muskets and drum like the english back in the day?

Yes, fight like gentlemen!

The irony is that our nation was founded on "guerilla warfare", but now that the enemy is disobeying war "conventions", they are criminals. As if there is a proper way to kill another human being, or that war is somehow civilized.