JoshK

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, please argue this...

My aurora is brighter than everybody's tikka I have climbed with. Two former tikka users have switched after climbing with me and being pissed at their tikkas. the aurura has 3 settings so you can use low light to cook and hang out in tent and save your batteries. And, again, it's way cheaper.

yellowsleep.gif

-Exposed on/off switch is going to turn on in your pack.

Whatever, the tikka's on/off switch is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. Most of the ones I've used require herculean strength to turn on, which might sound great, but it's a PITA wiht a glove on. I've never had the aurora turn on in my pack. Perhaps that's because I'm not a dumbass and don't pack it beneath everything. rolleyes.gif I could just as easily come up with some contrived scenario about how the tikka switch could be turned on as I could for the aurora.

-Way higher warranty return rate than the Tikka. (like 5 to 1 at least)

First, I'd like to see more than just your personal experience. Second, the aurora came out much later than the tikka, my guess is they've fixed any potential problems. I've never had one problem and don't know anybody who has.

-More expensive.

When I got my aurora it was $24.95. I guess now it's $29.95. The tikka is $28.95. Yay, one fucking dollar. for $34.95 you can have the zipka, but I dont know why you'd want that.

-Stupid flashing modes.

Yes, I hate this, but they are easily avoided.

-Nice hinge to break.

Hello!? bueller!? You ever tried using it. Actually being able to aim the damn thing is a huge benifit. that's the chief reason I hate the tikka. The cheap little ion even has an aimable beam. Also, the hinge won't break, it's a simple "bushing" that slides inside other plastic, with a metal screw and nut attaching it. I had it loosen once but you just tighten the screw a bit.

snoboy said:

Dude, why didn't you make this reply over in the Gear Critic???

the Aurroa is better I used to use a tikka but switched to aurroa... the tikka sucks the lighting and the swich on it suck the aurroa is just better and brighter get over it and go eat a yellow snowcone