Metolius

TimL

I have to give credit were credit is due. I sent 4 cams backed to Metolius to be re-slung and wired. Sent them on a Tuesday and they returned back to my door the following Thursday. 9 friggin days! Not only are those guys quick, they did an awesome job making my cams look like new. bigdrink.gif to the Metolius crew. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am also prefering metolius as my favorite maker of things for climbing although range is sometimes less. i am feeling that to be a climber with many skills one must have or use and have both metolius black diamond and alien sets of cams as they are useful in different situation. i am often finding metolius cam set to provide most useful cams in any size though and am usully choosing this for expedition rack.

milosh k

I have a bunch of the Metolius cams and I think they are for sure the worst available. They walk big time, they do not have predictable loading, their cable stems deform (for life), the cams are to close together, the cams are narrow, and a lot of other reasons. Show me a metolius cam that has been on rack for 10+years. My metoluis cams have been booty gear. I would never buy them. They are pretty light though. Good for an alpine route with a long approach where you may or may not need a cam.

Just my two cents.

bigdrink.gif