Darlington

Attitude

So who else saw the finish at Darlington yesterday? Two 3700 lbs cars banging sheet metal, swapping places, and sliding around on greasy tires at 150 mph. boxing_smiley.gif They crossed the finish line locked up side-by-side with one car's bumper edged in front of the other. Jeez.

Craven's No. 32 Pontiac inched closer on every lap, and he finally pulled alongside Busch's No. 97 Ford twice on lap 291. As they drove into the first turn on the next lap, Craven bumped Busch and nearly sent him into the wall as he took the lead.

Busch gathered in his sliding car and bumped past Craven in the second turn, nearly putting Craven in the wall.

"When we got together in turn one, I don't know how he saved it," Craven said. "Then, I don't know how I saved it. That was wild."

Busch retained the lead until the final turn of the race when Craven moved to the inside of Busch's car and the two started bouncing off each other and grinding toward the finish.

"It was awesome. That's what it's all about -- racing as hard as you can," said Kurt Busch, who was the loser in this battle.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic