mtn_mouse

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug said:

JoshK said:

7mm!? I assume this is a typo?

Nyet. 7mm, 60m. light. Use as 2nd rope for rapels. Mostly I use it doubled for solo climbs that have little roped climbing. I tie figure eights in both. Carry very little gear, like 10 pieces. Rap off 100' or less. I tried it as an experiment and decided I like it. I would definately recommend twin 8.7's as a normal setup though.

So where do you go about finding a 7mm dynamic rope?

Actually, perlon is more dynamic than you might think. Try weighting a long section of it.

More importantly, though, such a rope will be used almost entirely as a rap-line or a haul-line, and doesn't need to be dynamic.

Colin said:

Actually, perlon is more dynamic than you might think. Try weighting a long section of it.

More importantly, though, such a rope will be used almost entirely as a rap-line or a haul-line, and doesn't need to be dynamic.

Absolutely. It doesn't have to be dynamic, you aren't leading with it.

I picked up a rope at mountain gear in Spokane the other day. I was looking for an Edelrid which I have used for years, and they didn't have them. There were no Mammuts either, so I bought a Blue Water 10.5, 60m, dry. Looks great, now to get out and put it to work! HCL.gif