Backcountry Ski Race this SUNDAY

dalius

http://www.life-link.com/race.htm

For those that don't know, the "Randonee Rally" is happening at Stevens Pass this Sunday. I know what you're saying: Backcountry ski race?@!? What the@!?

Check out Life-Link's website. They have all the info. The reason I'm posting is because it seems that less people know about it this year and I've seen no talk about it here yet. It's a good cause (a lot of the money goes to support the NW Avy Center) and it's one of the only ways you'll ever get a bunch of solitary backcountry skiiers together. Oh, and afterwards there's all the FREE BEER you can drink and a raffle in which just about every single person walks away with FREE GEAR!!

Make note, you need not be a serious racer to go. There's a Racer's Course which requires a serious set of lungs and limbs to compete, and a recreational course for the rest of us that just want to have some fun. Winners of both divisions receive $$, skis, etc.

Hope to see you there.

Dalius

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo LADIES!!! wave.gif

Women especially should be thinking about coming to this event because so far there have barely been any!! Last year there was only 1 woman in the rec. or "citizen's" division at Alpental!! (which means you could have come in last and won big $$ and prizes) and this year at alpental there were only 6. The racing division had 6 women last year, only 3 this year! And the last two showed up 45 minutes late!

Ladies, the gear and $$ awaits.

cheers,

dalius

savaiusini said:

I still think it's crap!!! click here hellno3d.gif Everyone would be far better off honing their skills in the REAL backcountry this weekend.

With the 1" an hour snowfall and the EXTREME avalanche danger predicted for the weekend, forget it! I did read the thread you were referring to savaiusini, and I do have the concern about the $70 entry fee hellno3d.gifand how much of the money goes where, especially since I'm self-employed (read: unemployed). The only way I can try to justify it is if most of, if not all the money goes to the NWAC.

So who is throwing together the Dirtbag Rally this year?

gregm said:

does the $72 allow us to ride the lifts after the race until the 3:30 drawings?

Yes.

The pricing thing breaks down this way...

$40 to enter the rec. or "citizens" class

$50 to enter the racing class

~$22 for the lift ticket

-------------------

Total = $62 - $72

The lift ticket, even though you don't use it for the race, is actually to deal with the liability issues at the ski resort. By buying the ticket, you essentially are signing a waiver form releasing the ski resort from any responsibility for your partaking in such a dangerous sport. This is the case with all lift tickets at all ski resorts. They sell the discount ticket because they realize that you are CLIMBING and not riding the lift for the race, but you are totally free to ride the lifts the rest of the day after the race is over, which is pretty early. Beer consumption and gear giveaway starts at 3 or so.

dalius said:

gregm said:

does the $72 allow us to ride the lifts after the race until the 3:30 drawings?

Yes.

The pricing thing breaks down this way...

$40 to enter the rec. or "citizens" class

$50 to enter the racing class

~$22 for the lift ticket

-------------------

Total = $62 - $72

The lift ticket, even though you don't use it for the race, is actually to deal with the liability issues at the ski resort. By buying the ticket, you essentially are signing a waiver form releasing the ski resort from any responsibility for your partaking in such a dangerous sport. This is the case with all lift tickets at all ski resorts. They sell the discount ticket because they realize that you are CLIMBING and not riding the lift for the race, but you are totally free to ride the lifts the rest of the day after the race is over, which is pretty early. Beer consumption and gear giveaway starts at 3 or so.

HEY DOOD

stevens pass and most ski resorts operate on public lands. as any particpant in skiing, climbing or whatever you should realize and accept the said risks.

there is little liabilty towards the resort unless one of their own people create hazard.

you buying the lift ticket is them making money. why would i want to pay $22 to not use their equipment on MY land??

what a fucking scam