Thinker

Noticed this post by k5N hiding in 'Lost and Found'

king5news

miniwanker

Reged: 01/20/03

Loc: seattle, wa

tonight's news

#145432 - 03/02/03 04:24 PM Edit Reply Quote

despite what many think of the media " " I thought I'd pass on that we're doing a couple of stories at KING-5 tonight at 5 that ya'll might be interested in seeing.

1) car prowls at trailheads... what the county is doing to stop them (nothing) and how abundant they are

2) the death of a local man involved in the "rescue" of a 16-year old snowmobiler at greenwater early this morning.

just lettin' ya'll know.

I'm outta here for a few hours (they've graciously agreed to release me from my chains long enough to remind my kiddo what I look like.)

It wasn't but a few short days ago I suggested K5N do that story about crime at trailheads....I'll be interested in seeing how it's presented and if they can pressure Billy Bacon to actually do something about it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I think it would be safe to assume that there are a few more eyes and ears tuned into the evening news than cascadeclimbers.com. Hopefully this will start opening more people eyes to the problem and the exposure might help lead to a solution.

As an aside, what this problem needs is a few dedicated vigilantes (sp?); as it has been proven that the fuzz won't respond even when people call and say they are watching the people commit the crime and gave a description of the perps vehicle.

I saw the trailhead break-in report. It mentioned break-ins along the I-90 and US 2 corridors as being very prevalent despite some arrests. It was good in that it showed hikers of all sorts were being hit and not just climbers, but I was sorry that the Exit 38 specifics weren't mentioned at all.

Toast said:

Well, at least there was some exposure to the problem. I think we outta thank K5N for taking the time to give us a heads up on a story we'd all like a little more attention given to.

THANKS KING 5 NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wave.gif

rockband.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gifhahaha.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I heard a blurb about hikers getting ripped off at the trailhead on KIRO 710 is that related to KING 5? fruit.gif

chucK said:

Toast said:

Well, at least there was some exposure to the problem. I think we outta thank K5N for taking the time to give us a heads up on a story we'd all like a little more attention given to.

THANKS KING 5 NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wave.gif

rockband.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gifhahaha.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I heard a blurb about hikers getting ripped off at the trailhead on KIRO 710 is that related to KING 5? fruit.gif

Word.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Yes, but I think it would be safe to assume that there are a few more eyes and ears tuned into the evening news than cascadeclimbers.com. Hopefully this will start opening more people eyes to the problem and the exposure might help lead to a solution.

As an aside, what this problem needs is a few dedicated vigilantes (sp?); as it has been proven that the fuzz won't respond even when people call and say they are watching the people commit the crime and gave a description of the perps vehicle.

sounds like a job for gregW.

nice that king5news helped get that story on the air grin.gif

vegetablebelay said:

I saw the trailhead break-in report. It mentioned break-ins along the I-90 and US 2 corridors as being very prevalent despite some arrests. It was good in that it showed hikers of all sorts were being hit and not just climbers, but I was sorry that the Exit 38 specifics weren't mentioned at all.

Thanks for all the comments I -- no WE -- appreciate them all.

Unfortunately the cops wouldn't give us specifics on each trailhead. The best they would do is tell us "some are worse than others" and those along 90 and 2 are ALL hit frequently.

I wish we could have given the story more time but 2-minutes is a lot in TV terms.

If you all have any other suggestions that most of my non-hiking/climbing reporters might be able to turn, please feel free to PM me or send an e-mail to "newstips@king5.com"