Beta requested

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Social security has run out for you and me, we do whatever we can, we gotta duck when the shit hits the fan!"

"World up my ass, did a job there, wasn't the first, won't be the last, you know I got the world UP! MY! ASS! and society, it's pissing me off!"

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

So now we got S&M - meteorological vinculation is starting to sound like "golden showers". You guys can sure name your routes down there at Index!

Read some Freud into this one:

"Brad Discoll Outnumbered His Guests By One, But A Good Time Was Had By All."

In response to the questoin about the total overkill stainless steel anchor set ups on a bunch of the trade routs at Lower Town. Justin (I can't think of his last name - he moved to Colorado a while back) put them up. He said some guy traded them to him for the token price of some old leaver biners that Justin had with the understanding that Justin would put them up on some anchors where they would be used.

The ones up and right of Amandala were probably there because he used to bring friends out to belay him on Amandala. The usual deal is that he would lead Sagitarius and let them top rope it as long as they belayed him on Amandala.

Sandbag!!!!

The first move on that is probably 12+.

So here's the beta.

left hand in the scar above the good horizontal hold. right hand with thumb down in the shitty scar. Your right foot is on the little knob/smear out right with heal in. Then move your left foot up to the hold below the horizontal. Once your left foot is up, turn the right foot so you are outside edging. Get some stiff shoes for this. The scum your left shoulder up as high as you can get it and then high step with your left (heal in) onto the big horizontal. And there you go. Only 10 more hard moves to go. Its all about the right foot backstep.

Good luck.

Thanks for the good beta Wallstein. I have tried this route on TR and gotten thrashed. Next time I'll remember your advice.

Question:

How do people feel about the bolting of a crack, albeit an aid crack?

What is the history of the expensive gear at the top of this crack?

There is an amazingly strong stainless steel cold shut with a swinging gate at the top of this climb. I presume it is for pendulumning off of a bight to get into the crack on the left, but I'm not sure. Why the need for such gear?

How many of you who have aided this crack have clipped the bolts? Just curious. I remember lots of creaky hook moves...

quote:

Originally posted by Matt:

How many of you who have aided this crack have clipped the bolts? Just curious. I remember lots of creaky hook moves...

I remember using lots of tiny rp's and thinking that I would rip them all if one came out. Several placements up I succumbed to my partners begging that I clip one of the bolts.

ScottP,

Do you expect us to believe that you succumbed to your partners begging if he was belaying from the ground? I would find it hard to believe that your partner would be begging while sitting on the flats. rolleyes.gif Tell us to how much of a hard man you are.

[This message has been edited by OfficeSpace (edited 10-15-2001).]

quote:

Originally posted by OfficeSpace:

ScottP,

Do you expect us to believe that you succumbed to your partners begging if he was belaying from the ground? I would find it hard to believe that your partner would be begging while sitting on the flats.
rolleyes.gif
Tell us to how much of a hard man you are.

So what's got your undies in a bunch spaceboy?

I guess he didn't want to see me rip my gear and hit the ground. I wanted to see if it would go without clipping the bolts, but used the chicken bolts after 5 or 6 placements.

Not quite the hard man material you're looking for, I suppose. I do find it interesting how you read that into my post.

Inference can be a bitch sometimes.

[This message has been edited by ScottP (edited 10-15-2001).]

Umm I thought 10% was when you exited left from the first anchors of jap gardens, after that you go up a steep corner and then exit on the meagerest tip jams imaginable thats as far as I got, I think after that it getts incrementaly easyier but not much, nic