• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Andy Kirkpatrick

Denali Winter show on Youtube live

Hi 

Doing a youtube live talk about trying to climb Denali in Feb 2019 this Wednesday at 8 pm (GMT), and imagine there might be people here interested in the cold stuff.

Big focus of the talk is how to stay safe in extreme temperatures and live for extended periods in nasty places, as well as planning and psychology.

See you there!

• Like 1
  • Rawk on! 3

Are you the Andy Kirkpatrick, posting on this backwater board?  Assuming yes, over the years I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your words about your adventures!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marko said:

Are you the Andy Kirkpatrick, posting on this backwater board?  Assuming yes, over the years I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your words about your adventures!

I had to double take as well! Pretty awesome. Welcome, Andy. 

Your articles are a great resource, and very entertaining to boot. Your books are invaluable. Can’t wait for Down. 

I’m also really enjoying your podcast—don’t stop rambling!

Edited by Nolan E Arson

WHAT??!!!!!  THE ANDY KIRKPATRICK HAS JOINED CC.COM??!!!  I think I need to buy a lottery ticket.  This is truly an auspicious day. 

THANK YOU Andy, for years of adventure and alpine wisdom.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, Nolan E Arson said:

I had to double take as well! Pretty awesome. Welcome, Andy. 

Your articles are a great resource, and very entertaining to boot. Your books are invaluable. Can’t wait for Down. 

I’m also really enjoying your podcast—don’t stop rambling!

Ditto!

Mr K has another live youtube show today. Coming up soon.

Wasn’t sure if the man himself was going to post it here, but the time is nigh, so...

The Denali show last week was great! Lots of laughs, lots of good info.