Washouts

G-spotter

Foley Creek road closed at Chilliwack Bench road. Road completely washed out from lake on down.Landslide into Foley Lake caused small tsunami/jokulhlaup shocked.gif Airplane Creek bridge washed away. Expect this one to be out for months, possibly until next summer.

Silver/Skagit road closed due to culvert blowouts (around 40 of them) on main road. Bridges still intact. Should reopen fairly soon, one hopes. Maybe not until spring though? confused.giffrown.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was awesome! I took a walk out through the estuary and around the Nexen lands, and it was pretty cool. Lots of water in places where it isn't supposed to be, and all the marshes were completely underwater. I wish I'd grabbed the canoe and gone for a paddle out there, but I would have spent more time bailing out rainwater than paddling.

Mamquam FSR is blocked by a mud-slide fairly low down, apparently, but that's heresay at this point. Valleycliff was cut off due to the creek washing out the road just below the hospital. Also Ring Creek/Diamond Head road was washing out just above the university lands - there's a crew up there now attempting to restore order, but it could be a while.

Looks like there's a few more days of the same coming, too.

valleycliffe access is closed at the Y junction under the hospital, and there is a slide blocking the stawamus in the vicinity of the Sheriff's Badge trail. The only access into valleycliffe is up hospital hill and through the unpaved gated connection to Plateau Drive, 1 way traffic only. Could be a few days.

Lots of trees still down on power lines along the highway and no repair crews in sight.