Lost Bernese Mountain Dog - Mt Ellinor

kosto

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever asshat

Are you off your meds too? I was making a little joke about you writing "leased" instead of "leashed", and you fly off the handle.

Both you and DPS were once very level headed, and now you're both nuts.

I have made absolutely no comment pro or con regarding the dog being "leashed" or "unleashed", and I am certainly not happy about poor Sasha.

I am just happy she is safe and relatively sound. Dogs are very resilient, she may limp a little, but she will be around to enjoy life a lot longer. And the humanitarian efforts of OMR is a heart warming story

Again, sorry I made a little joke, sorry you forgot your lithium, and I am sorry about any other personality defects you have the cause you to lash out at little jokes about misspelled words on the internet. I hope you and DPS find the inner peace you so clearly lack

Dude, get a grip, you're melting down all over the internet. Seriously, you used to be one of the most level headed people here. Now you're going all Ascensionist

LOL! Thats' funny stuff. Glad the pup made it out. Good on your folks for doing the work!

My neighbor has one of these beautiful Bernise Mt dogs as a pet. He paid $1600 for the thing. :shock: It's one of the nicest dogs and does so well around his children.

To me, if your dog will chase wildlife, especially game animals and especially in the off season in the winter: it should be on a leash. I use to have a dog that was that way and it was a pain in the ass at times. Exceptions are dogs that will kill a small furry rodent in your campground before it chews through your tent or backpack but leaves everything else alone-then that's just the circle of life at work:-)

we had these 2 mutts leashed for this encounter with the goats in the lower pic (didn't get the dogs and the goats in the same frame for obvious reasons). Until it became clear that the dogs were warily avoiding them and leaving them alone.

Hank_the_dog.jpg

Goat_herd_small.jpg

In the top pic, as I'd been earlier stalked by a cougar in that location, I figured unleashed was the way to go and it was all fun and games till the skinny one there dove under the boulders after a rodent. The dog got way underground someplace till it apparently got trapped. 20-30 min of underground yowling followed till he finally figured out how to back out. They don't chase deer, elk or goats (they have never encountered a cougar or bear), but small furry things make them go all primal and create it's own set of issues....sigh.

Well, as the original poster and dog owner's son, I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping us find Sasha. It is an absolute miracle and we are so blessed. To the rescuers, we are forever indebted to you and words cannot describe our gratitude. Your willingness to risk your lives and take your time to help us show that there are still amazing people in this world! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

To the poster who has made such a big deal of the fact that the dog was not on a leash, my mother has been the first to admit her mistake and has paid quite a heavy price as a result. Calling her names and acting as though you've never made a careless mistake (which based on your tone it seems as if you don't believe to have) is rather arrogant and uncalled for. There is no question that we all have been reminded of the importance of keeping dogs on a leash while climbing and I hope others can learn from our mistakes (that is, after all, how we learn)so as not to have to go through this themselves. And just to be clear, she did not "allow" the dog to "meet the goats." The were taking pictures at the top, and the goats came around a corner, the dog saw them and bolted before anyone could grab her.

In the spirit of not taking away from the wonderful deed done by the rescuers, hopefully we can stop focusing on the mistake that was made and start focusing on how selfless these great men and women are and all try to be more like them!