Hike up Mt. Si Now

catbirdseat

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the trip report. I got no "takers" so I went alone. About 15 minute after I began slogging up hill, my phone beeped. I saw that there was a new text message that brought a smile to my face. It said simply, "Take". Perhaps Captain_ Caveman?

Met about five wet hikers and two wet dogs as they were coming down. They said it had been raining. About half way up, I was passed by a couple of guys who were going much lighter than I. One of them identified himself as a chiropractor after I mentioned how much my back hurt.

I saw not a soul at the top as I settled down on a rock to eat. Two ravens were having a good time soaring above the cliffs. I noticed how they tucked their wings in a dive, much like a falcon does, when they are trying to lose altitude in a strong updraft. The sun was out and the views were great.

On the way down, I pointed a confused hiker in the direction of the parking lot. It was otherwise uneventful. I didn't even get rained on.

I wasn't cutting on you - that's a great little 3,000' workout, especially when you can go during the day when no one's there.

I hear you on the descent, I had the great idea of running down it one time with a pack on. It was a ton of fun making great time, but my knees paid the price.