• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mksportn

Angle of the Dangle

My personal opinion is that a single required cam on a otherwise bolted route is absolutely ridiculous

really....so masterpiece theater is rediculous?

Just get ahold of the FA and ask. If he says yes then everyone's opinion is mute.

What cam? I've never placed a cam there, nor have I ever seen anyone place a cam there. But I skip single cam placements pretty much every chance I get. MT isn't a required cam, meaning you can skip it and survive a fall. Angle of the Dangle isn't, as in if you skip it, or it fails, you're decking.

As far as the cam, I brought a full rack up there and found a offset .5/.4 was the only cam placement that I trusted that didn't interfere with the hand jams.

You got something to say to Joe for something he said or did, have at it Dennis, but keep his wife and kids of of it. Please delete your post and apologize. It's just wrong. Way way wrong.

This thread looks to be just another example of Seasonal Beacon Disorder....

It's alright, better people get a real under-the-hood look at what a bunch of the energy out there is all about - I'm more sorry you now are having to deal with it in turn.

:lmao:

You've got to be kidding me. This thread is the definition of first world problems.

Pretty entertaining though, in a sort of sad way.