Price Glacier In Shape?

geosean

Me and a couple of buddies are thinking about climbing the Price Glacier on Shuksan this May but we are wondering if the last couple of dry winters have made the route too out of shape.

Has anyone done it the last couple of years? There seems to be no evidence online.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I climbed it in August 2009, YocumRidge more recently. I think early season like May should be pretty straight forward. I've seen two trip reports I the last few years from May and it looked like a walk in the park compared with later season. I would consider this route one of the more dangerous routes I've climbed in the Cascades. It was one of my most memorable routes as well. Worth it? Depends upon your risk tolerance I suppose.

• 1 month later...

Wow. Seth, those are some incredible adventures on your Flickr page! Have you written up any of those anywhere? I would love to read some more, though the images are incredible. Taking an FX camera and lenses into those locations is no small feat.