Viper Androids

CascadeClimber

Is anyone else using these?

I'm having a problem that I hope is operator error: With the leashes adjusted for proper support, the strap to the clipper is so short that I have difficulty grabbing it with a gloved hand. It seems like maybe the bracket attachment location on the shaft of the tool is too close to the grip by about an inch?

confused.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3/4" left to shorten them before they hit the bar tack. But if I take them down that far the buckle doesn't reach far enough into the crook of my index finger and thumb so that I can grab it.

The attachment location on the Viper isn't adjustable- there are fixed holes in the shaft where the male part of the buckle attaches with bolts.

I'm having a problem that I hope is operator error: With the leashes adjusted for proper support, the strap to the clipper is so short that I have difficulty grabbing it with a gloved hand. It seems like maybe the bracket attachment location on the shaft of the tool is too close to the grip by about an inch?

what? ..... you mean you didn't do Drury Falls "leashless" !! .... what's up with that? ...... well shiitt .... that changes everything ....

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

what? ..... you mean you didn't do Drury Falls "leashless" !! .... what's up with that? ...... well shiitt .... that changes everything ....

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but we also used ropes, screws, rock gear, and we even bivied. We didn't even swim nekkid across the Wenatchee or wear blue jeans up the route either!

grin.gif

I could see where that would be annoying. Are these tools seconds or something? I can't imagine BD would have designed the leash this way. How about getting the upper part of a standard Andriod leash and use that instead. You will be able move the clip up and down as you please. Of course, it's not quite as tidy as the Viper Andriod leash setup, but whatever works.

I have not had this problem. sounds like you might have your leashes adjusted to short overall. the leash should be adjusted so that during your swing no tension is on it. then once its in the ice you can relax your grip and let the leash do the work. this will put your pinky near the bottom of the spike.

explain more if that doesn't help!

dale

It's usually pretty clear to me when they aren't adjusted correctly, in either direction.

My hands and wrists are small (shut up!) and I wear very thin gloves when leading, so maybe that has something to do with it. As it is, I've left them just a touch too long for leading, but when wearing heavier gloves the length is about right, but I sometimes have a problem grabbing the buckle.

Overall I think they are great. I haven't gotten used to the clink-clink sound they make, though.