Homemade Gu, part deux

Pencil_Pusher

Bought a 21oz bottle of brown rice honey from Fred Meyers for $3.89 last night. I remember the thread on making this stuff at home, a while back. Maybe you could skip the chemists concoctions and just drink your Cytomax with this. You get the energy and whatever-the-hell-Cytomax-uses for the endurance. Or you could mix some of the Cytomax powder in with the honey/syrup. Now I'm not remembering if what I bought was honey or syrup... well, whatever the main ingredient is for the Clif Shot, that is what I bought.

So honey/syrup mixed with Cytomax (either on the go through liquid, or mixed with gu prior) would be a simple and cost-effective way to go. Well, cost effective compared to Gu ($1/oz).

Does that sound right or did I just eat way too much chocolate before thinking about this?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Delayed studying by adding bakers cocoa with instant coffee mix (crushed coffee crystals to powder first) and then added this to the jar of brown rice syrup and blended throroughly. It was about a tablespoon and a half... I didn't really measure, just dumped some in. So now the syrup tastes like those Coffee Nips (candy). The cocoa because I didn't want to add sugar, the caffeine because it came to mind. Simple... making gu for dummies.