Found Rope on Exfoliation Dome - Darrington

OlympicMtnBoy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ptobably mine. 10.5 x 60, blue grey, near the bottom of Dark Rythm. Sorry, meant to police it but never got back up there. We stuck it near sunset.

We can wait until our next trip or I can pick it up from you at your convenience. Thanks, Stewart.

Whats your beer brand these days?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Yep, that's it! Rattle and Slime says not to rap pitch 3 of Dark Rhythm if you want to leave with both your ropes, hehehe. I pulled your rope up then cut over to a tree anchor on Blueberry and went down from there to P2 on Dark Rhythm than to the ground.

A good day out in the sun on Rainman for us. Finally went to the summit too.

I've been enjoying Belgian sour beers lately, but I like anything with color and flavor. Let's get out again soon! Or come to our Halloween party this Saturday in Georgetown!

You should have seen the death stump we rapped off of prior to that. you probably know the one. OMFG. I called up to Josh "you may not like this much". He didn't. At all. I think we may have been the first idiots to use that thing in years. Overall, not our best descent day. We left no flake unturned.

I'll come over if I'm in town - but I've been busy with other crap lately and I'm really itching to get out. I've probably got your address somewhere, but if you could help me find it....

Because the Death Stump is still heavily tatted up, looks OK from above, is way more visible than the 'good' tree, which is a brushy mess, perhaps? Or maybe we are, in fact, just morons. that's always a possibility.

Also, we were descending the W Butt, not Dark Rythm. I looked for a bolt anchor to climbers left, but couldn't see one. I found it mid rap, but continued because the stump still looked OK from above. Um...not.

Rest assured, after my next trip, the Death Stump will be a Death Memory. I"m going to ax murder the shit out of that thing, trundle it, blow it up, then burn it. It's so rotten excision shouldn't take long. Hope that doesn't ruin the character of the climb for anyone.

Actually, Ivan's the far more experienced rock jock, although SuperBoy could probably catch up pretty quickly - he's not one to underestimate, I've found.

Edited by tvashtarkatena