light weight boot suggestions?

televinny

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a huge fan of lowa mountain experts. Mine are about 4-5 years old and holding up well though i've only used them a time or two since I got into skiing. Anyways in the first few years of their life they were great even in single digit temps though I think some of the light bit of insul in them has broken down so they aren't as warm as they once were. But I've done a lot scree surfing on the oregon volcanoes which I think is pretty hard on them and they've held great. My feet sweat a lot but they were great through many summer climbs, not too hot imo. But yes the Rand has been stout, still good tread though I've probably put about 250-350 miles hiking in them. Had to re-waterproof a bit but yeah, I'd buy them again.

i think they may have improved the toe welt on newer year models as well (its kind of tiny..)

scree surfing north sister:

scree_surf_north_sister1.jpg

I looked into this last week for work.

It seems that most of the major companies have really lightweight (just above 1 lb/ foot) mid-height technical approach shoe, some with a popper climbing sole/ rand.

Water resistance I don't know about & durability will suck, but in order to fly throught mtns, they look topif you're planning on climbing rock.

Also I have Chamoz' which are OK, I use them on Rainier in summer & anything else 3 season climbing.