• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
ARBrandon

GoLite gear quality

Can anyone on here attest to the quality of GoLite's products? More specially, the quality of their down jackets?

Thanks!

It's cheap for a reason. What's their warranty look like? Only experience I have with their down jackets was a nice light 800 fill jacket I got the wife- the zipper broke about the second week, then a seam opened up and it started leaking. I never did take it back and see what they'd do to make it right, so I can't be too critical.

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how good it could be such a low cost. But, it looks like they have a 100% satisfaction repair/replacement/exchange warranty, might take a shot on one of their jackets.

I don't have any down stuff, but all the GoLight stuff I have (a pack, a synthetic jacket) is good quality stuff.

ditto, I have a golite pack which is probably one of my favorite packs.

I've have a GoLite 800 fill sleeping bag for 4-5 seasons and it's held up great. Really warm for the rating and quality fill that hasn't packed out. I dunno about there jackets specifically but seems like they have (or at least had) well sourced down.

the reason go-lite gear is so inexpensive is because they sell it themselves, instead of selling it to shops which then resell it for a profit.

they started doing this about a year ago, same gear as it was before-just the consumer is basically paying wholesale.

it is this same reason you will not find any of their new product in shops anymore. they cut out the middle man (gear stores)

i've had several golite packs for summer backpacking, they are good.