Obama blew it:

billcoe

Says his old Harvard Professor. In other interviews he says that we shouldn't reelect him. (Like Romney is any different) The economic issues are explained here. The professor looks to be unhappy that a more progressive agenda wasn't followed. Worth the watch if you can stay awake :-)

[video:youtube]

The guys does say that the dems and repubs are basically the same. Something I've been feeling for quite some time. Same - same. Regardless of how you feel on the subject, it's pretty interesting spew with some gaps of specifics. As far as the Profs complaint that the stimulus was a bad idea, Bush had worked up that program, walked out the door and handed it off to the incoming dude who, only having one program/solution: expanded and executed it. I suspect jb won't even be calling the guy a "regressive shill. LOL.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, he sneers the word "progressive" he then goes on to layout an absolutely radical restructuring of the financial industry to remove it as a [sham] 'market' in it's own right and direct the captial contained therein to more productive purposed. That 'redirection' of capital would be by government in a "top down" manner in sync with long-term goals - ala China. This latter point has some validity in terms of breaking the institutional paralysis and timelines associated with pretty much all large U.S. infrasctructure projects - China has no such logjams. If China needs 48 highspeed rail lines, a thousand mile by ten mile wall of trees planted to restrain western deserts, or fifty high tension power lines to connect various parts of the country they just wave a wand and do it and it gets done fast.

So in pretty much no uncertain terms the good professor is calling for what would almost surely be condemned as a 'fascist left' with vastly more direct government control over financial and manufacturing industries to bend them to the 'common good' of the nation and it's people - a benevolent dictatorship as it were. They aren't bad ideas per se in the face of Chinese agility and our declining educational capabilities. Brazil has adopted this basic approach of late and to great success. But he is most assuredly one of the most radical folks out there and is wanting government to [finally] take up the reins and lead / rule America's fate and future.

Hey, I'm all for it but I'm guessing a bullet awaits anyone attempting to actually do it.

I think the fascists would take issue with "fascist left." I think the only association a true fascist is likely to favor is ultra-nationalism. Didn't Mussolini's peeps think lefties were as bad as anyone else they hated? What we got now is more fascist that the ideas professor Balls-in-his-mouth is talking about... but then again I couldn't watch the whole thing, so WTF do I know?

I think the fascists would take issue with "fascist left." I think the only association a true fascist is likely to favor is ultra-nationalism. Didn't Mussolini's peeps think lefties were as bad as anyone else they hated? What we got now is more fascist that the ideas professor Balls-in-his-mouth is talking about... but then again I couldn't watch the whole thing, so WTF do I know?

Calling the left fascists is all the rage on the right. Save energy - fascism. Protect air and water - fascism. Provide a degree of consumer protection - fascism.

Where have you been?

Calling the left fascists is all the rage on the right. Save energy - fascism. Protect air and water - fascism. Provide a degree of consumer protection - fascism.

Where have you been?

You fucking fascist pig-dog!