Integral Designs MK3 Questions

mplutodh1

Anyone got an Integral Designs MK3?

I'm back and forth between the MK3 and the BD Eldorado. I like the MK3 more from specs and reading but still have questions.

Hoping someone has photos of it packed up - is it really 20" x 7" packed? that seems big for such a compact tent.

Would love to hear thoughts on the tent, durability, ease of setup, size, etc - photos are always helpful as I've not seen one in person yet.

Thanks so much!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't owned an MK3 but have been in one a few times. In response to your questions...it is super easy to set up, design is excellent--way more comfortable than the Eldorado in my opinion and the venting system is relatively effective. I personally think the MK3 is among the best in it's class.

Thanks all - I did see the post by DPS and was debating it. I go back and forth. I've got a few 3 season tents that work OK for typical backpacking outings but are not suitable for snow camping or heavy rain. Nor are they light enough I want to haul them on summit climbs. That said - a single with gear room and enough room so I don't end up with with a wet foot box is ideal. The MK3 looked decent due to it's compact size for a larger 2 person tent but not insanely heavy for a solo.

DPS - I'll probably email you and see if you're around and still have it to take a peek. Might be what I am looking for.

I've seen the RAB summit bivy at Marmot in Bellevue and it's too stinkin' small for me for that price!

Well bummer - Pro Lite only has Blue left in the MK3.

Curious if anyone knows anything about the ID MK Yukon - it says 3 Season but I'm not getting why....

So I'm torn between:

BD Eldorado

ID MK3

ID MK Yukon

Edited by mplutodh1