Who bolted the Zoo at smith???

Frankazoid

Hey there,

Trying to get a hold of the person who put up quite a few new lines at the Zoo crag at Smith.

Is your name Kevin by chance?

I definetly have a few questions for you... The first one being, what were you thinking? Why did you think the rest of that rock needed to be developed? There is a reason the person who first developed that crag only put up a few routes. There is some serious safety related things going on there that you must not have considered too.

Thanks,

Frank

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, perhaps I should practice diplomacy...

Really just wanted to let people know that some dude put a lot of bolts in some really shitty rock up there, and to be careful. Bolts in hollow faces, dectatched flakes, huecos etc... Almost no cleaning/trundling. If this crag were down at the main area the bolts would have been removed very quickly. I ran into a couple guys who were at the crag while the "developer" was there, and they said he was calling routes that climbed like a mid-11 a 12+ etc... apparently some dude with money for bolts, a drill, and too much time on his hands. That was their opinion too. If you go the zoo I would probably stick with the original lines there and stay away from the dozens of shiny fixe hangers. Just to stay safe. Of course he won't respond to my post and say "it's me!!". I'll have to work on better style when attempting to call someone out.