Moving to Leavenworth! Need housing! and friends

OlympicMtnBoy

So after many happy years in our little enclave of Fremont it is time to turn up the moving music and jump out of the rut! My girlfriend has completed her Master's degree and just gotten a job in Leavenworth starting mid-November. Having spent a fair bit of time in the mountains there I'm really excited for the move although I really don't know the town all that well.

We're looking for a cool place to live, as we have to give up the greatest apartment ever in Fremont, so I thought you folks might have some suggestions or inside info on something. It's just her and I, no kids or pets, but I'd really like to have a garage or workspace since my work schedule leaves me home a lot and I always have little tinkering projects going on. We have two cars and a Chinook (camper) at the moment so parking is important too. Maybe a small house or something? <$1300/mo without too much of a crazy winter commute to Icicle Rd. Ideas?

Also since we don't know anyone in town we'd love to meet up with some of the local climbers or other interesting folks. I'll have lots of free time (weekdays too) for climbing, ice climbing, skiing (although I'm a mediocre BC skier), etc, but we're also into good food and beer. We're nice people!

She starts around November 14th so we'll probably have a couple of weekend trips soon to look at houses/apartments and stuff and then moving. Let me know if you've got a line on either good living spots or good people. :-)

Cheers,

Stewart

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP! We're still looking, called a few of the craigslist postings but no luck yet. We'll be over next Sunday-Monday to do some more exploring, bulletin board checking, and driving around looking for signs.

Anyone who still lives there seen/heard anything? Or just want to give a friendly hello? :-)

- Stewart