new years!

Fence_Sitter

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Ever been to The Zoo in Veracruz? Hotties everywhere!!!!!!!!! Terminal Gravity - you gonna climb some of Barry Balnchard's ice route down there? Or maybe TG=Barry Blanchard?
[big Drink]

I am not even in Barry's league, but thanks just the same. I was down there two years ago with an in-experienced and undermotivated partner (story of my life). I soloed around a bit, but some of those lines are still beckoning. I think that side of the big hill is way under appreciated. If the ice is in it's spectacular.

Funny you mentioned it though; if things work out I will be climbing with one of Barry's friends. [big Grin]

Never been to Veracruz, maybe this time. Thanks for the tip. [big Drink]

We were down there this past winter and Barry and his girl were guiding two clients from New York. We sat with him on the drive up as he pointed out the lines that he and other partners have done in the early 90s. Pretty long-ass routes. Still some unclimbed ice down there too! 200-400 foot ice from WI4-WI5+ and from 14,000'+ up to 15,500'! Goin' for a FA are ya? Good luck. As for Veracruz, there is actually a beach just to the south with less crowds, better beaches, and nice hotels - We stayed at the Plaza for $80 split three ways! I don't know of any big mountain you can be on the summit that morning freezing your ass off and be at the beach sipping on margarita's by happy hour, riding wave runners, and checking out the local ladies at a discoteque that evening!

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Ever been to The Zoo in Veracruz? Hotties everywhere!!!!!!!!! Terminal Gravity - you gonna climb some of Barry Balnchard's ice route down there? Or maybe TG=Barry Blanchard?
[big Drink]

hey ryland i have never been to the zoo, but i believe you about the hotties. not sure of the beaches we were at, i think it was hornos and or galeta. i don't remember. too many sips of mexican fire water.