What a weekend!

Lambone

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I will not wash my hands from this day to eternity."

Well, that's sound medical advice in any case. [big Grin]

Also, the Doctor may be at Smith this coming weekend, in case you'd like a photo and autograph for your scrapbook. Autographed Dr. Flash Amazing Inspirational Calendars (wall size, desk size, and day planner available) will also be for sale, as well as advance copies of DFA's new book 'How to Become a Hard Rollin', Pimp Strollin', Bad-Ass Sports Climbing Machine with Way-Ripped Abs in Just 12 Weeks'. Should be quite an event; just watch for the flash bulbs going off.

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

friday climbed a peak. saturday climbed a buttress. sunday climbed a dome. today climbed a rock.

not just climbed but "BAGGED' a peak.

snafflesighting hiking larch gazing alpine jamming peak bag blistefestival headlamp sufer car to car to bar, Carhartts no tax campsite Rasta wakeup Icicle dirt slab sand cave booty trail, campfire two Erix, bathtub womyns mountaineers clusterfuck sole chitlins rastafarian sunset, tape is aid on meat grind a bet rock. [smile] campsite 420

[Cool]

Went to the 'Gunks for three days of wet weather. The highlight of our trip was climbing Shockley's Ceiling in the dark with water running down it. It is a truly spectacular climb, named for a four foot roof, followed by a vertical corner and another step around an overhang, rated 5.5 or 5.6. They don't make 'em like that around here! Here's a photo I found with Google:

-

[ 10-15-2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: mattp ]

Hiked to Snow Lake (just to the saddle, actually) with my kids, plus about 3 out of every 4 residents of the Puget Sound region, plus all their dogs. But better that people bring their dogs on a busy trail like this one, where any self-respecting snafflehound is miles away.

Had an unexpected chance to hike at Rainier today when a Dept. of Health meeting in Olympia got canceled. I was definitely not dressed for hiking, but I blew 6 bucks for a pair of beat up sneakers at Value Village. Did a loop from Longmire to Van Trump Park, back down past Comet Falls to the road, ran a mile down the road to rejoin the Wonderland Trail back to Longmire. Huckleberries and vine maple are aflame. No snow yet. Only got one blister. The sneaks will go directly back to Value Village for another round.

[ 10-15-2002, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Norman Clyde ]