N Cascades Map

dougd

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want topographical maps you will need multiple ones for each mountain/area you are climbing in. Green Trails are popular, USGS are pretty standard.

Yeah, that's what I usually do, was hoping for a more comprehensive topo w/trail info. Saw one at REI last week... We have a map store here in Spokane, I'm a regular down there, I'll have to check out what he has.

I've checked out Steph's site earlier in the year for Rainier endeavors. It's a good one. I'll have another look.

I'll check out Pargeter's site.

Thanks man,

d

Just starting my N. Cascades climbing phase (better late than never right?), and I need a good map of the area...

Any suggestions?

d

this is a pretty good map of the entire park:

http://www.rei.com/product/774971/trails-illustrated-north-cascades-national-park-trail-map

No, it's not exactly 7.5", but it's got a good amount of detail, and is great for a high-level view of approaches and surrounding areas when you are looking at alternative ways into a difficult area or multi-day trips.