Mt Adams late September?

Kyle Smith

I'm no advanced mountaineer but I am an avid hiker and have some rock climbing experience. I will be doing st helens on september 7th and would love to bag adams as well before winter. Looking to see if anyone wants to summit via 2 day on south spur. Perferrably camp around the 8k mark to avoid the wind. Anyone interested?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright cool. You said the weekend of the 19-21st and that would be a mon tue wed if it was september that you wanted to do it. Were you meaning the weekend of the 23-25th in september or are you wanting to do it in august? Theres another guy that wants to do it the weekend of the 23-25th in september from summit post. You interested?

Hey all --

Is Adams still a possibility in Sept? I'm looking to climb Adams...or maybe Glacier Peak in early-mid September. May dates somewhat flexible Sept 5-17. I've plenty of backpacking/backcountry skiing, but minimal climbing experience..so would be happy to compensate to those willing to take on a somewhat newbie.

Well the dates are pretty much set as far as I know. Fri sat sun september 23 24 25th. Camp out at the trailhead the 23rd, Hike up to around 8k and camp for the night. Then up early 25th for summit and back down for the rest of the day. So far its me, a guy I meet on summitpost, and my brother in law. Possibly another buddy if he can get his gear together. Just let me know.

And yes for sure on mt st helens if you can still get a pass. I havent checked recently so Im not sure if theres any left. Let me know as well and we'll go from there.