86xed OR EMPIRE STIKES BACK- Manifesto

from what ive read at times on this site and from what ive seen 'climbers' who post on this site act like at the crags...id say hugh is right on with SOME of his insults/accusations.

i didnt read the post that got him kicked off (the thought it is pretty sick), but try not to talk too much shit because he might be more of a climber than those of you lining up to bash him on this site. and this is, or was, intended to be a climbing site right??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

it happens i like my job, i climb whenever i want. i am not the one stuck with some dead end job, with nothing else to do, but to surf the net. sounds pretty miserable to me. you see you pathetic losers i made some life choice that allowed me to climb pretty much full time for years. and all the rest of you wankers just dream about it, and try to thrash anyone who actually put their ass on line and made it.

Um, I'm happy too, and my job's pretty swell. I get to climb plenty. I'm delighted you've "made it". What seems to be the problem then, Hugh??

It seems unclear why you climb. I've always liked Fred Nicole's philosophy "The best climber in the world is the one having the most fun."

Have fun!

[Cool]

quote:

Originally posted by salbrecher: It can be.

I'm speaking for myself of course. Some people do use ability as a substitute for character and personality, but at the end of the day, a talented asshole is still an asshole and I feel life is too short to spend much time with someone like that. Who I'm climbing with is a huge part of the experience for me, and the assurance of success that an obnoxious ropegun might bring to a route does not offset the unpleasantness of the experience. That's personality, but character matters when the shit hits the fan. I'm not saying that skill has no bearing in an emergency, but without the strength of character to bring whatever skill one has to bear on a situation, like as not all you're going to have is a talented individual looking out for number one when what you really need is a partner. Anyway, for me, who a person is matters far more than how hard they can climb.