• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
bstach

Trailer Bike

I am looking for advice on getting a trailer bike for my 4 years old. What have you all used and liked? I am currently looking at the Trek Mountain Train: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/collections/kids/models#

I am looking for something light weight as we intend to do some touring with it.

I have also looked at models from Canadian Tire and Mountain Equipment Co-op, but they have a number of negative reviews for being wobbly and unstable.

Thanks

I bought a "Bell" trailer from costco several years ago, it was great, no complaints. Way cheaper than other brands. Holds one or two kids with storage. Check 'em out.

are you looking for the kind where the child sits on a bike seat or the kind where the kid sits inside of a frame? Does the trailer bike have 2 or 1 wheels?

I suspect you mean the 1 wheel, kid sits on a bike seat kind.

I bought a "Bell" trailer from costco several years ago, it was great, no complaints. Way cheaper than other brands. Holds one or two kids with storage. Check 'em out.

Ditto

are you looking for the kind where the child sits on a bike seat or the kind where the kid sits inside of a frame? Does the trailer bike have 2 or 1 wheels?

I suspect you mean the 1 wheel, kid sits on a bike seat kind.

The one wheel kind where the kid sits on a seat. I already have a bike trailer that i like (and that he is getting too old for)

I have an Adams Trail-A-Bike that works great. My daughter loves it. She smiles and laughs the entire time we ride (seriously).Got it on Craigslist for $50.